Friday, June 14, 2013

Quality at the GOMH Tonight

Tonight I got out at 8:40PM.  It was heavily overcast. I wish I would have gotten out a half hour to an hour earlier.  I started out fishing in the opening 100 yards to the East of the GOMH.  I quickly had a pike miss my frog, but then I got this close to 16" fish on Mad Maxx in Big Sexy.
The ruler was back at the car and I didn't want to go get it, so I don't know the exact size of the 3 bass I got.      One of them had to be pretty close to 17" if not over and the other one was about the same size as this one.  The mosquito's were getting bad as that the spot I was fishing was close to the woods.  I got this pike and headed back to the car.
Next I was off to "the juice".  I got 4 jumpin' bullheads there with two of them being at least 16".  All of those fish came on the chartreuse firetiger Stanley Phantom.
16.5"
I missed a couple of bites as well.  It got to dark and the mosquito's came out by 9:40PM so I bailed.  I bet I had a 3lb average for my five best tonight.

This morning that was not the case.

No comments: