Saturday, June 01, 2013

Bass Snatchers South Long Lake Tournament Quick Report

I had a pretty good day all things considered.  My weight of 14-7 would have been enough to win the last tournament on the lake, but in this one it was good enough to put me somewhere in the Top 10.  The rain held off for the first couple of hours and it got warmer than expected.  The fish bit for me on topwater in the morning.  I was throwing my Stanley Phantom (pictured above) and got my limit and big fish before the wind changed and the rain came.  During and after the rain I caught everything on an old style black and blue Strike King Pure Poison chatterjig with black/blue Havoc Grass Pig Jr. as a trailer.  Fun day with my boater Owen.  He insisted I take the front of the boat for a good chunk of time at the end of the day.  We both caught a bunch of fish in the last couple of hours.

I will have the full story later on this week.

No comments: