Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sportsman Blog Reflects On Blogging With 700th Post

The Act of Blogging Has Enduring Significance

Back in the late 90's when the Internet was really coming into it's own and I needed to secure an email address for myself I made the decision to go with Hotmail because I figured Microsoft isn't going anywhere. It was an account I would be able to have for a very long time and I was right. I wasn't nearly as caculating when it came to picking Blogger for my blog, but I think it is going to work out the same way. This blog will exist for as long as Google lets it exist, which could be as long as the Internet exists.

1 comment:

Rick @ Learn about Kayak Fishing.ws said...

You might be right with your choice of blogger and the blog might exist as long as Google will exist.
As long as you follow Google's or blogger's rules you probably will be safe. But in some webmaster forums some guys were really complaining about blogger and how their blogs got shut down without any warnings. Now you know how it is, nobody ever tells the full story.
Still, I prefer hosting my sites myself and I know I don't have to depend on anybody's mercy and neither need to be afraid anybody to shut my site down as long as I pay my hosting fee.
I sure hope your great blog will stick around still for a very long time.