Sunday, January 02, 2011

Change

Well I did it. I changed the look and operation of Bass Pundit. The process wasn't smooth, but it wasn't terrible either. Unfortunately some things in the change over on blogrolls got screwy. The blogrolls were one of the few things that automatically transferred from the old Template format to the new Layout format. I was expecting and hoping that the blogrolls would transfer. It would be a mountain of work to have to rebuild those suckers from scratch. As it was I did have to do one of them all over, but most transferred. In some of the transferred blogrolls not all of the URL's listed individually like they are suppose to do. Some of the sites wound up stacked up on one another. It looks fine outwardly to you the reader or if you click on a link, but in terms of my organization of things it's going to be a royal PITA.

In my first attempt to convert the blog I discovered that the glitch in appearance I was getting with Internet Explorer on the blogrolls wasn't going to go away if I kept my old "Son of Moto" look. The change made it worse and I aborted that attempt. I decided I would go with an all new look, but keep green as the main color scheme. Like I said, not everything has gone hunky dory. Hopefully some of the things that aren't quite working right for me now will straighten out.

One of my favorite little features so far is my new Archives which shows how many posts have been made in a given year or month. I also now have the "older" and "newer" option at the bottom of my visible blog posts.

The blog seems to be loading just a touch slower in Internet Explorer.

4 comments:

Jeremy Thornton said...

Hi BP! Just wanted to drop a note and give you some positive feedback on the new styling of the blog. It loaded just fine on my Mac through Safari. It was a little slower on my dell laptop but not a big deal, probably the new pic on your title banner but it looks awesome.

Looking forward to keeping up with your fishing news in 2011!

TBRINKS said...

The new look is great. Change is good.

MNAngler said...

I like the new look and feel. Change can be a lot of work, but it's usually worth it for a fresh look.

Bob Wood said...

I like the new site; looks great on Google Chrome and loads much faster/cleaner there. Nice work!