Monday, January 03, 2011

Another Year Older, Another Year...

All things considered year 40 was OK, but there is much room for improvement whereby 41 can be even better.

Of Note- Today I decided to publish a long autobiographical post entitled:
"What do I want from this life?"- 41st Birthday Lament at my blog Bass Pundit Preach. Go read it at your own risk.

In the mail Birthday edition:
In light of my 41st Birthday Lament post, appropriate. This album was recorded in 1985 and has many inspirational songs my favorite of which has to be Dawn Chorus:
Have I got enough love?
Have I got enough hope?
Enough strength to face the world each day?
I know there is an answer somewhere in this night
I see it each time I look in your eyes


Also arriving today:
In a Tami Curtis Facebook Page contest I won two custom made lures from Snakebite Baits. I chose to get a "female gil" and "breeding gil" California Shaker, which is a spinnerbait with a chatterbait blade in front of the wirebend attached by a Norman Speed Clip. They are a nice looking bait and I'm guessing they will be especially deadly in the Fall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooops. I was trying to get to a site about catfish noodling in southeast Asia and I ....I'm just kidding. I followed over from OBN, where your blog is features blog of the week! So far, I have to tell you as a former bass junkie(who lost his heart to cold-water flyfishing for trout) I'm loving what I see. I'm just about to follow your link about what you want from this life...but thought I'd drop an owl pellet here first. ;) LOL

I'm the same age as you,...don't think you're alone in those thoughts, brother, as we crawl however reluctantly into middle-age.

owl
OBN member and still a bass chaser at times...

Outdoor Blogger Network said...

Happy New Year!
I'm here to let you know that you have been chosen as one of our Featured Outdoor Bloggers of the Week, Congrats!
The announcement post is up and your RSS feed is live on the Outdoor Blogger Network.
I have to say, it's amazing that you've been blogging as long as you have and you certainly have a knack for it. Well done, we are proud to highlight you this week,
Rebecca and Joe

Anonymous said...

Dave Maas, I hope you don't mind...but I was so changed and moved by your story you warned me not to read, that I've posted about it on FFSBR with links to your blog here, and your "What do I want from this Life?" post.

owl