Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tonight's Fishing Report

Today I went to the Chiropractor and talked to him about my fishing related back pain issues and he is pretty sure he can do something about it. Getting some relief would sure be nice.

Today was sunny and mild with fairly light winds, so I was hoping the fishing was going to start changing for the better. I got out of the house around 6PM and headed to Rock Lake.
I started out by keeping my streak of little fish alive with this pike. Other than that Rock was dead and the "Rock Dock" is still not in the water. I have initiated trying to get hold of the DNR to find out what the deal is with the docks not being out yet, but I haven't heard back.

About 7:15PM I headed to the GOMH and the only person there was Grumpy Old Man Willard who was sitting in his mini-van. After talking to Willard for a few minutes I headed down to fish and decided to start on the SE side and see if I might be able to catch a dogfish. I didn't catch anything, so I made the decision to head to the NE side and try there for dogfish. I got bit right away and got this scraggly looking bullhead.
No the fish is not dead, it just has a dead right eye and it looks like it has paid the price for not being able to see on that side.

On a subsequent cast my 3/8oz black/red Terminator jig with black/red Chiggar Craw got bit off my something. Unfortunately I had no more black/red Terminator jigs with me. So I went back to the car and got my "bullhead" color All Terrain Swim Jig. I call it bullhead color because that is what I think it's shade of brown would represent. I think I got one jumping bullhead and some little fish of some kind were grabbing the grub or the skirt. I made a switch to the Storm Wildeye Swim Shad to see if these little fish would hit that but I came up with nothing. Next I tied on the smallest size panfish Chatterbait and I caught a couple of small jumpin bullheads on that. There were some swirls that I thought could be dogfish and I wasn't getting anything to go on the bullhead All Terrain, so I went to the car and got a white Terminator and tipped it with a blk/red Chiggar Craw missing one claw. I think I got 3 jumpin bullheads on this and no bites from a doggy even though I think there is a pretty fair chance I was casting at one due to a bigger fish that swirled while chasing baitfish. I also saw something surface out in a place where I've seen dogfish before, but that was beyond casting range.

It was getting to be silver bullhead time so I switched to a glow Cubby with a minnow and promptly caught a couple of more jumpin bullheads. I went back over to the SW side, but it was dead.

Beautiful Full Moon rise tonight.

No comments: