Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kind of Cool, Fishing OK

( First Silver Bullhead of the night for me)


Today was much cooler than yesterday and when I arrived at the GOMH at 6:30PM it was already time for the winter coat and hat. When I arrived there was a guy fishing the SE side with his son and a guy (Chris) and his girlfriend (Chantel) fishing on the SW side. Those two had been there since 8 in the morning and had nothing to show for it except about 8 jumpin bullheads. Chris was at the GOMH last night fishing the North side and got 7 silver bullheads and said a family of 6 caught about 12 of them. Chris was a really nice guy and since Willard and Lee Ander were no where to be found and I wasn't going to clean fish, I told Chris I would give him what I caught. The guy on the SE side left a little after 7PM, probably because he had his young son who wasn't fishing with him.

Around 7:15pm Chris caught a jumpin bullhead and I caught one shortly after that. Around 7:30pm Chantel brought in the first silver bullhead of the night and I got my first, pictured, about 10 minutes later after Pete had arrived. I gave my fish to Chris. Chris managed to bring in a nice 18+ inch jumpin bullhead; He small eyed it as a 2lb fish when it was over 3lbs easy. I caught another small jumpin bullhead and Chris caught a perch. Chantel got a silver then I got a silver, than Pete got a silver and it was sort of on, especially for Chantel. I caught yet another jumper than a silver while Chantel nailed several silvers and then broke her line on a bigger fish. The action seemed to go in flurries. I ended up giving Chris 3 silvers, Pete 1, and 1 or 2 went back because they were to small.

Between last night and tonight Chris and Chantel were able to put together a limit a piece and they left as soon as they got #20, which they reached with the help of my minnows because they had run out.

Once it got to dark to see Pete's bobber we left, right around 9PM.

No comments: