Monday, April 26, 2010

Tonight's Adventures in Mini's...

I didn't get out of the house till after 6:15PM tonight and my first stop was at Bulldog Lake to try for Dogfish but the wind was blowing in pretty good and nothing was going on. Next I headed to the Rock PA where the "Rock Dock" is still sitting up on shore. This is getting ridiculous, the area docks were in the water at this time last year and the ice had not even been off the lakes for a week. The ice has been off the lakes 27 days so far.

Anyway at Rock I caught a dink on a brown grub.


I didn't stay at Rock long before heading to the GOMH. When I arrived Grumpy Old Man Willard was in his truck and a guy who from here on out will be referred to as MC was fishing with his 2 sons on the SE side. MC said they had gotten a few jumpin bullheads. I started out by throwing a Storm Wildeye Swim Shad but as usual lately the fish wanted nothing to do with it. On my first cast with a glow Cubby the bobber was in the water for about 3 seconds before it went down and I brought in a 13inch class jumpin bullhead. I had a few bites and missed them and MC and his boys pulled in a couple more jumpin bullheads. I got another bite and landed this tiger bullhead.
This was to be my last fish of the night though I did get a couple more bites including one that I fought about half way in that was probably a jumpin bullhead, but might have been a giant silver bullhead.

MC managed to catch 1 silver bullhead and when he left he put it back in the lake.

1 comment:

Fish Whisperer said...

You gotta love predators, no matter how small they are, they will take the bait.
Tight lines