Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bait Monkey Got Loose Today

I stopped into Trails End Bass Pro and Capra's today to see if I could find any good deals and I think I did.


1st Stop was at Trails End Bass Pro where I got 2x 3/4oz Frenzy Rattl' R's. Can't say I have ever seen that size sold in MN before. I also picked up a Blaze Lures popper mostly because it was sporting two VMC feathered trebles. I have had some success with Blaze Lures before and I figured the feathered trebles were worth about the asking price for the lure. I also picked up 2 3/8oz Leathel Weapon 2 Swim Jigs; I have been hearing good things about these jigs lately and I liked the color so I thought I'd give them a try. I wish I had held off because they were 50 cents cheaper at Capra's where I picked up another one.

At Capra's I picked up their last Berkley Frenzy Popper which was on clearance for $2.79, SCORE! Apparently I just missed out on getting several more as about an hour before I got there a guy bought several of them. One of the interesting thing about Capra's is that they sell used tackle and I was able to snap up a couple of Smithwick Devils Horses for about 25% off new, 5 Rapala Husky Jerks for more than 50% off new, 3 Terminator Spinnerbaits for 75% off new, 1 Strike King Spinnerbait for 60% off new, 3 All Terrain AT Jigs for 40% off new and a Smithwick Rogue for 50% off new. All of these lures are prone to theft by toothy critter, so if I do lose these it won't hurt so bad.

2 comments:

TBRINKS said...

Those Lethal Weapon swim jigs are awesome. That's all I throw!

Wolfy said...

those Terminator spinnerbaits are a steal!! Nice buy

Wolfy