Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Two In a Row!

(Pete working his hot hole.)

Yes it's true. I went out ice fishing for a 2nd day in a row and I actually caught a few fish today.Pete and I got out around 3:30PM today and we found our friend Don W. out in the sunfish spot. Don had been there since 1PM and had 4 sunnies in his bucket. We basically set up shop in the same general area as yesterday (at least Pete thought it was) and we didn't even need to auger holes. Pete broke a few open with the spud and there were several holes that had been opened today that were available.

Pete got a bite in his hot hole as soon as he put a jig down the hole, though it took him about 10 minutes to get the first fish. I had to move through several holes before I started calling in some fish. After about half an hour I got the skunk of the ice with a 7.5" sunfish. Not wanting to clean fish I threw it back. I ended up with 2 more fish out of that hole and that was it for me. Pete caught about 13 sunnies total and kept 8 and I did keep 1 of mine. The fish were not very aggressive but I did get 10-15 bites, a few times my Powerbait spike got pulled right off the hook.

Although it was nice out when we got out, it cooled down in a hurry once the sun got low in the sky and I think we called it quits about half and hour earlier than last night.


No comments: