Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bait Monkey March Madness Continues...

Well Mills Fleet Farm didn't have either of the two things I wanted to buy, but Husky Jerks were on sale for $3.99, which I think is $1.50 off the regular Mills price and $2 cheaper than Gander Mtn, so I couldn't resist. As you can see I also picked up a couple of packs of 2" Storm Wildeye Swim Shad's in baby bass. Last year I had good success with the Wildeye's on 4 kinds of bullheads. The Wildeye's are a sturdy bait but the tails do get bit off so I thought stocking up a little was called for.

Speaking of Gander Mtn, I browsed around in the Baxter store today and was less than impressed by the size and selection in the fishing department. Maybe they have not gotten around to beefing things up for Spring. I should have asked, but I figure I will be back.

No comments: