Monday, December 07, 2009

Unusual Fishing and Ice Rescue

Glyndon angler stranded on icy lake near Perham...

A few years ago Cyberfish and I were out in his boat on Shakopee Lake near Mille Lacs in late November. I believe we had to break ice to get out on the lake. We stayed until after dark when the whole lake started freezing up on us. Cyb had almost no gas left and that boat landing is hard to find in the dark without a spotlight or gps. The Lord was with us or we were not getting off the lake that night.

Speaking of ice. I believe Platte is now iced up and probably safe for foot traffic, if you are really careful, with the cold weather we have had the last few days.

No word yet on whether or not Cyberfish is on the hard stuff.

1 comment:

Michael Thompson said...

I did have oars though. it would have been a long time and a lot of work, but no way was I gonna stay on that lake all night!

I am planning to ice fish on big sandy this weekend. wanna come? lol!