Monday, January 05, 2009

In the Mail

I got an offer to try out a DM Custom Baits Chatter Jig (They sell them through an Ebay Store). I thought they were just going to send me one to try out, but today I was surprised to receive 11 of them in two different types.
They sent 3 Mat-Rat's which have a head similar to a Booyah Swim Jig head and I am guessing it's purpose is to be used around pads and other sparse hard matted vegetation. They sell this bait in 3/8oz & 1/2oz.

The 2nd type of lure is called a Piranha Swim Jig and has a rounded head. These came with shad/swimbait bodies and grubs. They sell this one in 3/8oz, 1/2oz, and 3/4oz.

Unfortunately it is going to be a long wait before I get to try these out and compare them with the Strike King Pure Poison.

3 comments:

BassFishingDem said...

Nice looking baits. I can't tell from the pics. Is the blade attached directly to the jighead or is there a split ring in between? These kinds of lures seem to have more thump when a split ring is there. I've read that a swimbait as a trailer works great, so they sent you the right one to try. Spinnerbait trailers give off a great wiggle too. Chain pickerel love swimblades, so be ready for toothy critters because they'll chomp down on one and do some damage.

Basspastor said...

There is no spilt ring. The Pure Poison looks like it has a split ring, so it will be interesting to feel the difference.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear how these bad boys work out for you.