Thursday, March 20, 2008

BASSblog by Dave Precht editor of Bassmater Magazine. While the ESPN Outdoor blogs are blogs I haven't gotten around to putting them on the Blogroll-O-BassNblog and I'm not sure that I ever will.

Bass Insider Blogs: Apparently Bass Insider has Elite Tour Pro blogs that are part of the pay to see Bass Insider content. I wonder if the Pro's get a little sumpin sumpin for doing these blogs, although I can't imagine it would be much. If not, I would think the pro's would be much smarter to do blogs as a part of their own websites. It is retarded that more Bass Pro's and aspiring Bass Semi-Pro's don't take advantage of the opportunity that blogging presents.

Discovered: I just got around to looking in Terry Brown's, formerly of BassFan Radio, website Wired2Fish.com.

Wierd: My BassNblog link to The Brushpile at Probassanglers.com came up with this lame post time after time for a long time. So I finally went to Probassanglers.com and clicked that link to the Brushpile and sure enough it was new and fresh as the newly fallen snow. The URL is the exact same as the one I was getting the non-changing lame post on. I switched the BassNblog link and now for some reason beyond belief it works and that lame post has gone away.

The Mitchell Report:. Apparently Probassanglers.com is giving Elite Series Rookie Brent Mitchell (Never heard of him and we are two events in to the Elite Tour, DOH!) a forum in which to blog about his experiences this year.
Update: From what I gather this guy is NOT in the Elite Series because he did not fish at Toho. I guess the only way to find out about him is through this blog.
Update: He is fishing the Opens hoping to move up to the Elites. It's a good read. There is a lot of content already.

Pro Tour Journals 2007: Last year Probassanglers.com gave FLW Tour Pro's Art Ferguson and Mark Burgess a forum in which to blog about there experiences last year. I am not surprized I missed this until now because I really don't frequent Probassanglers.com. Ferguson blogged 2 tournaments and Burgess did 3.

The Brushpile on FLW Fantasy Fishing and Angler self marketing:
01/08/08-FLW And Self Promotion Used In The Same Sentence?-I have pounded on FLW over the years to allow anglers a chance to self promote. "Fuzzy'n up" pictures in magazines, or the dreaded "masking tape of the patch" at weigh ins has hurt FLW's credibility over the years. For many of course, BASS has been the route to follow because an angler gets to promote their own stable of companies as well as themselves. The knock on FLW has always been the relative anonymity of the pros that fish FLW events.

It is time for your's truly to give credit where credit is due. After reading some of the things about the new FLW Fantasy Fishing game and doing a lot of thinking, (I know it looks like I'm simply staring at the wall, but I am thinking,) the light bulb finally clicked on. Pros on the FLW Tour are going to have the opportunity to self promote in a big way, thanks to this game. Mind you, that it still will take performance to gain recognition, but it has always been that way is this sport, now however, the number of fans who claim an angler for their Fantasy Team will give some very key marketing data, that I hope will be made available to the anglers. Think about it, if 15,000 fishing fans pick angler A as one of their Fantasy Team members, that angler immediately has gained the attention of 15,000 potential consumers who have a direct stake in how that angler does...
Go to the Brushpile and read it all (link above or in Blogroll-O-BassNblog)

CyberMT Bucketfish did a 2nd Crappie video. Will it work?

No comments: