Thursday, March 06, 2008

BASS Harris Chain Day 1 (Don't Mean...)

The Day in live-streaming: I decided to try the BASS Live-stream with Firefox. I don't think it was the Firefox but I actually did get a real stream of the BASS weigh in today. It was working great up until the time I went to check on the Live Leaderboard and my computer locked up. I had to reboot the computer, which takes forever, but I still got to catch the end of the weigh in. When I first got the streaming the 2nd time it ran a little rough for a couple of minutes but then evened out into a good stream again.

Since the weigh in was streaming so well I'm guessing the streaming problems at the Classic and with FLW are heavily related to how many people are loading up the live-stream and less about how clunky my computer is.

The Live Leaderboard stopped working so I don't really know the results beyond the Top 10 at this point.

Harris Chain FBF:
Here are the posse line up's and Day 1 results

Minnesocold Bpboys:
Scroggins-78th (traded out KVD at the last minute on word that KVD had a bad practice. KVD's record at Harris Chain isn't good)
Skeet-34th (Has a great Harris resume')
Davis-9th (At 4.0 is the best value in BASS FBF)
Hudgins-2nd (FL guy)
B. Lane-85th (FL guy, picked more for Toho than Harris)

Bass Pundit 1
Skeet-34th
Rook-98th (Has a good Harris track record)
Stone-53rd (Has a good Harris track record, traded out Bernie Schultz at the last minute)
Hudgins-2nd
B. Lane-85th

Neither line-up is going to set the world on fire in this one, but Day 1 don't mean Jack Squat.

Wow!!! I can hardly believe my eye's. The average FBF score today was only 805. The Bassmasters Classic average score was 1150. The BPboys, who's score for the day was 1023, moved from 25% to 87.5%. The BPboys jumped past Bass Pundit 1 (884) in the Futurebass.com league, up to 8th from 38th. A little upward movement on Day 2 and the Bpboys are lookin' fine. Only 4 out of the 59 teams in the Futurebass.com league scored over 1000 today.

If my math is right there is between 17,500 and 18,000 people playing BASS FBF. So FLW is actually bigger than BASS for the 1st time ever. Amazing what a couple million in prizes will buy you.

Updated: I think my math was bad, I now think there are around 22,000 people playing BASS FBF.

Oops: 1147 fantasy players have Jeff Coble on their Harris Chain rosters. Coble is not fishing the Elite Series. There are 109 guys fishing Harris Chain yet BASS has 117 anglers you can pick from in FBF. Apparently they didn't scrub the non-Elite series Classic guys. Brent Haimes is on 197 rosters and he ain't fishing either. Jeff Freeman is on 1026 rosters, not fishing.

I wonder if the not fishing this tournament asterisk wasn't working? I know Coble didn't have it when I switched him out.

No comments: