Sunday, March 21, 2021

1st Open Water/Last Ice Trip Today

 

9" VMC Fly/Wax/Polli (Pink)

 7:30-9:30PM 5 Tul Hole 26' 
42℉, PC, 10-20mph SE

Amazingly enough, I was able to get up. Pete beat me to the lake by about 20-minutes. I set up in my spot and had a pike show up about 10' down. It loitered for a while, then left for about 10-minutes, then came back. I started seeing stuff near the bottom, so I lowered the camera. There were crappies, sunfish, perch, and shiners down there. The crappies seemed more enamored with the barrel swivel. I had several of them hit it. I only caught one 8-inch crappie that I didn't take a picture of. I realized that right after I released it. Think I had the same pike come back around 9:00AM. Didn't see tullibee, neither did Pete, who fished all over the place. Called it a morning at 9:30AM. One other guy came off with us.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:00-8:10PM NE SW GOMH
53℉, Cloudy, 3-4mph S

I got to the GOMH, and there was a guy and a lady fishing off the bridges Southside. I went down the NE side. He asked me which side was better. I told him right now it probably doesn't matter much as it would probably be a couple of weeks before anything showed up. But I did say to him that the Southside tends to be the better option. They left at about a quarter of 8. I switched sides. Nothing going on. The water is low, but not as low as last Fall. It is probably going to be a week plus before anything shows up.

No comments: