Thursday, April 24, 2014

#TBT My 1st Tournament Out of the Trophy???

It's amazing how doing Throwback Thursdays can jog one's memories. I had been trying to remember for the longest time, exactly when I first came into possession of my boat, formerly Cyberfish's boat, the Trophy. I know from doing # TBTs that I had it for the Spring of 2005 when this picture was taken. However, I was trying to remember if I had it in 2004. But then I was tracking down my various #TBT for Facebook today when I remembered fishing at the Excel Bass Tournament on July 17th of 2004 on the Whitefish Chain. I'm now absolutely positive I fished that tournament out of the Trophy. Was it the first tournament I fished out of the Trophy? I'm not 100% positive on that, as I might have fished a Team Bass tournament out of it on July 10th, and there was a Fishers of Men Club Tournament around that time as well. But I do remember fishing the Excel Tournament out of the Trophy; I am sure of it.
Interestingly, I didn't fish out of the Trophy for a memorable tournament on Koronis Lake on July 31st with Team Bass, where my 6-fish limit weighed 20.44 lbs. I know for a fact that I fished that out of MT's old tin boat, the same one I fished the first two Excel Bass Tournaments out of that year. No wonder I had such a hard time remembering when I got to use the Trophy. I only had it sometimes, depending on the needs of GEM Camps. I wish I had started the blog earlier in 2004.

2 comments:

Bass Boat HQ said...

Ahh yes, awesome TBT post BP! Great looking bass boat, and are you still running it?

Basspastor said...

Yep, I still have it. Haven't used it much the last couple of years. Back issues two years ago and the bank fishing for me last year was just to good and when that slowed down I had car troubles.