Saturday, June 04, 2011

Ruh Roh Quick Tourny Report


11-8 just couldn't crack 12 cause my fish were skinny. Inexplicably broke off a very good bass and I think I got a 2nd shot at her and pooched the hookset. I thought those Trokars were suppose to set themselves. Also broke a St. Croix Legend Tournament Bass Rod I got off Ebay this year. Thankfully St. Croix has a program so I am not screwed. St. Croix Rods Rule!!!

My boater Peter put up 13+ and also broke a rod. At least as a boat we averaged over 2lbs per fish. We had a good day and caught quite a few fish, just no real big one's.

Update- It's Sunday an I took a look at my cull board (inches). It's seriously ridiculous that I didn't get 12lbs, my fish all had to be on the light side for Platte/Sullivan fish. I think my 3 biggest were all post-spawn females (17.25", 16", and 15.25"). The 17" was well short of 3lbs, when a fish of that length should easily be over 3lbs.

3 comments:

Clif said...

for the price those hooks should grab you a drink from the cooler too.

Thoughts of a Christian Bass Fisherman said...

Was that a shot at me with the TROKAR comment....Cause I have said they almost set themselves. I honestly have not lost a fish hooked on one.

Basspastor said...

No Chris, it was a shot at the Trokar hook in a bit of frustration. I didn't get a very good hook set, but I did have the fish hooked for a moment. At least enough so that when I tried for her a 3rd time she had either moved or wasn't biting anymore. Frustrating as I needed that fish.