Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bass Snatcher Cullen Chain Tournament Preview

I have a good feeling about this tournament. I've got a boater who seems to have a good feel for the lakes and I think it will fish in ways I like to fish and am comfortable fishing. I haven't talked with my boater since our pre-fish and he did get out one more time, so I don't know his exact game plan at this point. But there will be plenty of time to discuss that on the way to the lake in the morning.

Weather looks like it will be on the favorable side for most of the morning. We may get wet, we may not, but it should be overcast and overcast is good for clear water.

Here are my 7 set ups
Dock Rod- Bubblegum Super Fluke 6'3" St. Croix Avid(spinning) 10lb smoke Fireline
Craw Tube Rod- 7' Heavy St. Croix Avid 20lb Vicious Flouro
Dippers (looking to throw mostly Havoc Grass Pigs)- 7'3" MH Excel Bass 40lb Power Pro
Ish's Phat Frog (or other hollow body frogs)- 7'3" MH St. Croix Avid 40lb Power Pro
Horny Toad Rod- 7'3" MH St. Croix Avid 40lb Power Pro
Light Craw Tube Exposed Hook- GLoomis 783C GLX 17lb Gama Co-Poly
Topwater and Chatter Jig Rod- GLoomis 783C IMX 14lb Fireline Smoke

I have opted not to carry a swim jig/spinnerbait rod. However, I do have spinnerbaits in the tackle bag.

One more thing- I am not bringing the Flip Cam to this one. It might rain and my gear isn't going to be in a storage compartment and I don't want the hassle.

The Latest- It looks like overcast with very little wind. Can you say topwater?

No comments: