Monday, December 06, 2010

What Was Your Best Fishing Moment of 2010?

This was the question asked on Facebook yesterday, by the guys at Wired2Fish.

For me three things come to mind.

May 23rd I caught this 20.25" smallie off of Eddy's Jetty. It is my personal best smallmouth bass.

On May 24th Dad, Pete, and I went on a morning launch trip with Eddy's Resort. We were the only 3 customers that day so we got to go drift fishing with live bait rigs; Normally a launch trip means bobber fishing. Between Dad and I we caught 5 walleye's missing several bites as well. Pete got skunked and our Captain caught a walleye and a big rock.

Another great memory from 2010 was my great pre-fish day on Rabbit Lake with Bass Snatcher Guy Henkensiefken. I was just telling Guy about a topwater pattern I knew about from an In-Fisherman video when this 19.25" fat boy annihilated my Berkley Frenzy Popper. The fishing for me was great that day and Guy was a pleasure to share a boat with.

3 comments:

Jeremy Thornton said...

WOW!!! Those are some really nice fish BP. That Smallie is a SLAB!

I'd have to say my best fishing moment of 2010 was watching my brother-in-law; micropterus, land a 7.2 lbs large mouth down in Texas. It's the biggest large mouth bass we've had in my boat. The excitement on his face was priceless. You can see pics on his blog; http://samyander.blogspot.com/

On that same trip I caught a 5.4 large mouth that is my current personal best.

Tom said...

Great question. I would have to say #1 this year was taking home my club's AOY title at the last tournament on Bone Lake. In five years with the club I hadn't even won a tournament until late last year. Hard work can pay off. What a great feeling!

Basspastor said...

Good Job and congratulations Tom on the AOY. It's great to see yet another MN bass fishing blog. It really looks nice.

I'm assuming you are from MN and not WI.