Wednesday, December 01, 2010

In the Mail


AC70HF, Line Weight: 14-25 lbs. Lure Weight: 3/8-1 1/2oz. Fast Action. Great for pitching jigs and plastics around grass and thick cover and spider jigs in deep water. Throw heavy spinnerbaits and even light swimbaits and set the hook with authority.

I won this St. Croix Avid on Ebay. It isn't an IPC rod, so it is at least 3 years old. I got the rod specifically for fishing craw tubes.


CRC-C70MH, Line Weight: 10-20 lbs. Lure Weight: 3/8-1oz Moderate/Fast Action. This rod will excel at throwing medium to heavy crankbaits up to 1 ounce.

File this one under oops. I did not realize until I was writing this blog post that this rod I got from Ebay is a CRC-C70MH and not a CRC-70MH. That extra C is for crankbait and somehow I missed catching that on the Ebay listing. Originally I had gotten this rod thinking craw tubes, but then a few days later I won the above Avid, so I figured I'd make this one into a jig rod. Well that is totally out the window. I think this rod will probably work better than anything I have for heavier topwaters like Deps Buzzjet and Buzzjet Jr's, Megabass Pop Max's, and Paycheck Baits Repo Man's. Guess I won't know until next Spring.

2 comments:

Jeremy Thornton said...

Yeah I've done the same thing before BP. But someone once said "you can never have too much fishing stuff". Are you finding some good deals on bay for rods?

Basspastor said...

I've noticed some deals have been pretty good of late on rods. I did OK on the Crucial and Avid. It would have been nice if that was an IPC Avid, but I don't know that I would have won it if it was.