Friday, August 04, 2023

How Bout Those Steinbauer, Kids

Snatcher Chuck on Gull Lake Last Summer


Al and I when he took 1st at Little Boy/Wabedo

The man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Charles Steinbauer, on the strength of a solid Day 2 catch on Leech Lake, qualified for the 25-boat Day 3 cut at the Minnesota B.A.S.S. Nation Tournament of Champions. Chuck's younger brother Alan made the cut in 9th on the Co-Angler side. I'm pretty bummed that circumstances worked against me, so I couldn't be there to congratulate them in person and possibly be fishing with them today. I was planning to fish the T.O.C. this year, but things didn't work out for me to make it.

The Top 6 at tournaments end punch their ticket to the National Championship, and the Top 16 qualify to go to the Regional with another chance to make the National Championship, where a birth in the Bassmaster Classic is the prize.


Snatch 'em up today, boys!




No comments: