Friday, October 06, 2017

Preview For "Mini Bucks" @ North Long & Challenge Cup @ South Long

I've got two bonus tournaments that I am going to be fishing this weekend.  The first is the "Mini-Bucks" tournament on North Long Lake with Chuck Steinbauer on Saturday.  It is a five boat team tournament modeled on the old Bassmaster Mega-Bucks where a lake is divided into zones that the competitors fish for a period of time then move on to the next one and so on until we have fished each zone.  One team in a zone at a time.  Chuck knows North Long very well and the first tournament I fished with him back in 2008 was on the lake.

My goals are to contribute at least 1 fish to our bag and finish in the money (1st or 2nd)

The tournament on Sunday is the Challenge Cup on South Long Lake which pits the Snatchers vs. the Range Bassmasters and possibly the Brainerd Lakes Bassmasters as well.  It will be 6 boats or 9 boats depending on whether or not the Brainerd Lakes club is fishing.   Each club gets  3 boaters and 3 non-boaters.   I was a last minute addition when one of our guys couldn't make it.  I am fishing in Range Bassmaster Bill Bongs boat.  I am entitled to half the time in the front of the boat.

My goals are to beat out all the other non-boaters and for the Snatchers to take the cup.  Catching big bass of the tournament would be good too.🤞

Rods I'm Going to bring
6' M Techna AV (Spin) Dock (Fluke/Senko)
7'4" XH Zillion (Frog)
7'6" H LTB (1oz Jig)
7'4" H Zillion (1/2oz Jig)
7'3" MH LTB (Horny Toad)
7'2" H Tatula (3/8 Jig)
7'2" MH Tatula (Spinnerbait, Bladed Jig, Lipless)
7' H Avid (Craw Tube)
6'8" M Avid (Jerkbait/topwater) Probably won't bring this rod to South Long.

Update Sat: I'm not bringing the Techna AV to South Long.  I am bringing the 6'8" Avid.

Update Sat:  Also I switched the reel out on the 7'2" MH Tatula for the forgotten rod this year, my 7' MHM Mojo Bass.  The Mojo is quite a bit lighter and is only slightly less heavy in the punch it packs.  After throwing the Tatula for a good part of the day on Saturday I thought using the Mojo was the better choice

No comments: