Saturday, October 14, 2017

Lucky Tackle Box #1 (Breast Cancer Awareness)

I have been given the opportunity to blog about a Lucky Tackle Box for the next 3 months a box comes out.



Apparently they don't have video's up for this months box on YouTube yet.  Maybe they will have them when you read this blog.

Biwaa Fishing Performance Seven 4":  Swimbaits are something I have limited experience with.  From the retail price, $22.99, I am guessing this is a quality bait.  I hope a pike doesn't steal it from me.
Glo-Pro Lures Soft Body Lipless Crankbait: This is a unique lure.  It has a rubbery body with a pouch where you can put a glow stick, it comes with two glow sticks.  Because of the soft rubbery body it doesn't have any rattle to it.  A rattle would fit in the glow stick pouch.  I'll be interested to see how effective this bait is;  Color me skeptical.
 Smart Baits Gifted Grub:  I guess this grub changes color between chartreuse or red depending on water temperature.  Seems gimmicky, but sometimes gimmicks work.
Big Bite Baits Real Deal Craw:  I'll try this bait Texas rigged and as a jig trailer.  It looks like the claws will come off easily.

Update:  The claws are tougher than they look.  Didn't have a single claw get torn off.  I was really impressed with this bait on a Texas Rig.
Mustad 3/0 Mega Bite Breast ancer Awareness Hooks: Can never have enough 3/0 Mustad Hooks.
Xcite Baits XB-1:  Squarebill cranks are just something I don't throw a lot.  The weeds in Platte Lake just don't set up well for throwing them.  I should be able to catch a fish or two at the Grumpy Old Man Hole though.

Jenko Fishing Magnum Hair Jig: Hair jigs are a lure type I have vert very little experience with.  Will be interesting to see how well it works for me.

I think they are all lures I will be able to catch fish on, but I don't anticipate any of them becoming a go to lure for me.

I give this box a B- on first impressions. 


No comments: