Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vikings vs. Dem Saints Game Day (My take)

I just am trying to enjoy the fact that my Vikes have made it to an NFC Championship game again. The last 2 NFC Championship games were heavily dispiriting with losses in 1999 (3 point overtime loss of a game we should have won) and 2001 (41-0 blowout) being just about equally brutal to take. As I have said before I would be a lot more positive on the teams chances if the game were here in Minnesocold. At the same time I am not super pessimistic either, I don't think it is a fluke that we have made it this far. If Favre and Peterson have good games than there is an excellent chance my Vikings can pull this one out. If the offence faulters than we probably have little chance because I think the Saints score at least 17 points.

I will not be liveblogging as that the last time I did it, the Vikes played terrible until I gave up and just watched the game.

Anyway, win or lose it's been a pretty great season up until this point.

Skoal Vikings!!!

Note on Jets v Colts: Either way I want the NFC Team to win the Superbowl this year. I think the Jets are probably weaker vs. the Vikings due to our run defence and the Colts are probably the weaker match up vs. the Saints because I think the Saints will have an easier time putting up points against the Colts. In all scenario's I like the NFC chances.

1 comment:

BassFishingDem said...

Put me down as one of the few in Louisiana who will be backing the Vikings. Just a bunch of Saints and Cowboys fans around here.