Sunday, January 17, 2010

Viking Victory!!! (Over Cowboys)


All Smiles, BABY!!!

When Favre signed with the Vikes this is what I blogged:
If the defence can be as good or better than last year and Farve is and stays healthy then a division title and shot in the NFC Championship Game are reasonable expectations.

The Vikings have thankfully reached my expectations for them this season. Now the big question is whether Farve and that Viking Defence can exceed my expectations from here on out. I don't mean to be a downer to my fellow Vikings fans, but I am pessimistic and here's why.

Answer me this: When has Childress won a game that he really wasn't suppose too? Now I know lots of people favored the Cowboys in this one, but come on the game was in the Metrodome where the Vikings should be the winner because of the advantage home field gave our defence. I would have some reason for optimism if the Vikes beat the Steelers or the Cards this season but we lost both of those games and the Cards game was lost badly. If the Vikes were playing in our dome, I would say that we should be favorites but not by much. I think having to go into New Orleans makes them prohibitive favorites even though the Cowboys did beat the Saints there a couple of weeks ago.

Losing the Cards, Steelers, Carolina and Bears games look as costly now as they ever have. Today I think we proved that winning in the Metrodome would be a difficult task no matter how good a team was and had been playing coming into the game. If the Vikes can make it to the Superbowl, I will be ecstatic and if they don't make it, which I expect, than I really hope Favre gets a clue and signs on for next year.

With that said:
SKOAL VIKINGS!!!

1 comment:

MNAngler said...

What amazes me is the short-sightedness of the coaching staff. We're up by 24 with 5 1/2 mins to go in the game, so why not plan for the future and put a backup QB (either one) into the game to give them some playoff experience? Even if he made a mistake, our defense would have prevented a score.

Coaches in the NFL seem to only care about the current year and don't look down the road. A 40-something won't play forever.