Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fear of the Frenzy Popper!?!

I am Facebook Friends with Internet Bass Fishing website mogul Russ "Bassdozer" Comeau. Anyway he likes to use Facebook to promote lures he sells at his ebay store and today he was promoting the vaunted Lobina Lures Rico popper which he sells for $23 (shipping not included).

Seeing this I left a comment saying I would love to see the Rico go head to head with a $3 Berkley Frenzy Popper. (Although now that they have been discontinued I think the going rate for Frenzy Poppers will dramatically increase.) Apparently Russ didn't care for my comment and deleted it.

Does he fear the Frenzy?

5 comments:

Clif said...

Who spends that kind of money on a popper? Even if it was carbon fiber laced with golden tread I wouldn't touch it.

Basspastor said...

I can see why someone would pay a premium price for a quality popper because a good popper can catch the fire out out of em' under the right conditions.

I am just not convinced that any of the premium priced poppers day in and day out can outfish that Berkley Frenzy Popper, which is a fish catching machine.

TBRINKS said...

I own a Rico, but have never seen that much difference in how well it works. My favorite is a Zell Pop, which costs around $10. I think the popping action can vary between baits but not enough to warrant a $23 price tag.

Anonymous said...

I could out fish my husband and son in law anyday with a Frenzy grey ghost popper. Then they had to go and discontinue them. What were they thinking?

Basspastor said...

Before they were discontinued you could get Frenzy Poppers at stores and on Ebay for around $3 each. Fortunately for me, I stocked up.