Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Ice Fishings 1st Attempt

In mere minutes I am going to start getting dressed in the warm clothes, put my gear in the Fish Trap and try to ice a few fish; Probably Pike, Perch, or Sunnies. Due to treacherous ice, I will not be able to get out to where I would like to fish, but I think down the shore line I can get over a drop off safely. Wish me Luck.

Ahh the sound of ice cracking under your feet, the hum of the Vex, the feel of shaving ice with the Laser Hand auger, the sight of sunnies nosing up to your bait, or a pike ripping through the hole. Ice Fishing is here again!

(Actually yesterday I did put a line down right out in front in 3 to 4 ft of water but that won't get the job done. It seems like you have to be 6ft or deeper to get fish under the ice on platte.)

I will report with Pics if I don't fall through and die of hypothermia.

No comments: