Thursday, December 02, 2004

About G.E.M.


A little GEM Camp overtime on Platte Lake for Jordan and Malik.

G.E.M. stands for Great Expectations Ministries and it is a Christian Fishing Camp and club for kids. You can find out more about the organization by clicking on the GEM link on the blogroll in the right column.

This past summer I was volunteer staff for about 6 weeks during the summer. With my physical limitations it was quite exhausting at times, but they are small camps and we had ratio of no more than 3 kids per staff member which allowed me to rest when I needed it. Plus the camp is pretty laid back and we usually didn't get out fishing until mid to late afternoon and so the time on the water was not to much for me.

The kids were great for the most part and I particularly enjoyed the camps at Luther Dell Bible Camp. I will probably help out in some capacity next summer, I'll just have to wait and see where my physical endurance levels are at. Unfortunatly I didn't have a camera with me or I would have some great pics of kids with fish. Oh well.

Tonight at the Fishers of Men Club Twin Cities meeting camp director Dave Lindmark will be speaking.

Posted by Hello

No comments: