Sunday, May 14, 2017

Opener At Eddy's Jetty

Beautiful Night
12:00-3:40AM North Eddy's Jetty Mille Lacs Lake
Conditions: Mid 50's, Mostly clear with clouds moving in at 3AM, Light NE wind
My arsenal for the night, I never tried the Muse Gold
I got the chop and moon I was hoping for, and on my sixth cast with the Rippin' Rap, it was fish on.  I was the only person fishing off of Eddy's Jetty.  From what I could tell, there weren't many boats on the lake.
18" Rippin' Rap (Perch)
About 7 casts later, I had one that was just a tad bigger get-off when I tried to lift it on the dock.
16.25" Rippin' Rap
After getting this fish, I tried a Grass Pig and had a fish pull on the rail, so I switched to the KVD 300 Jerkbait.  I didn't get any bites on the first two colors, but Sexy Ghost Minnow did the trick.

17.5" KVD Jerkbait 300 (Sexy Ghost Minnow)
The next fish was my big one for the night.

24" KVD Jerkbait
I quickly got another fish.
19" KVD Jerkbait
I then got snagged in the rocks on a submerged stick but was able to free it.
Stupid stick that was caught in the rocks.
The bite then stopped at the North harbor mouth.  I started getting fish on the North end of the Jetty.

16.5" KVD Jerkbait
That was my last fish on the KVD.  I tried a few lures without any success. I started getting bit again when I returned to the perch Rippin' Rap.
17" Rippin' Rap

16" Rippin' Rap
Around 3AM, it started clouding up, and the fish stopped biting.  I stayed 40 minutes longer than I should, hoping for that last bite that never came.

11 Walleye

No comments: