Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Bass Pundit's Fishing Outlook For May 2017

Ohhh Sucky Ducky, Sucky Ducky!!!

This is an expression I learned from a fellow Tentmaker  Youth Director to denote enthusiasm for something that has stuck with me since I first heard it back in the Summer of '97.  I am pretty excited to be putting the panfish rods aside for the most part in a couple of weeks.  I've caught over 800 panfish so far this year.  I am ready to start putting the hammer down on bass, pike, and eyes.  I actually welcomed those last couple of cold fronts with snow and freezing temps.  I want to keep as many bass as possible pre-spawn for the catch and release season, which starts 3 days after the full moon on May 10th.

I should be putting the Trophy at the Lake Place sometime early next week.  I plan to start out on Opener at Eddy's Jetty fishing for eye's at midnight and every night the night ban isn't in place, same as usual.  I should have an updated outlook for Opener with more details a day or two before the big day.

This month once season opens things are mostly going to be dedicated to pre-fishing for the Bass Snatcher Club Tournament on Platte/Sullivan on June 3rd and a lot of trips to the Grumpy Old Man Hole, of coarse.

The extended forecast looks like it's topwater fishing from the word go this year, Oh Sucky Ducky!!!
 

No comments: