Thursday, December 11, 2014

Bulldog Again

Dreary Day On Bulldog, But The Hoar Frost Looked Nice In The Trees.  
4:00-7:30PM
28 degrees Cloudy 5MPH wind out of the SW

8.5" 1st Drop
Dad didn't do Ruby's Pantry, so I was able to go fishing.  I decided to hit bulldog again.  I stopped at Bear Trax to get my propane tank filled.  Turned out it was already full.  I don't know what was up with it quitting on me the last time I was out;  It worked perfectly for me tonight.  There was nobody fishing Bulldog.  I went back to my spot.  I drilled a transducer hole in the middle with my 4" auger.  I got 5 quick 8" crappies on the orange/chart T.H.E. Jig with a waxie.  I switched rods to use a black/white T.H.E. Jig and I got some smaller crappies on that.  The bite died so I went and drilled a hole to the North East hoping to find deeper water.  It turned out to be a foot shallower.  I caught several smaller 6-7" fish there on the b/w.

I went back to my holes and got one more on the o/c and then my line got caught in the reel and I broke it trying to unwind it.  I realized I didn't have any scissors to retie, so the rest of the night I used the b/w.  The action slowed down as it got dark, but I still got an occasional fish.  I went to the N hole and got a couple there.  I went back to my holes and got a couple more.  I went and drilled a hole to the South.  I got my biggest fish of the night there.
9.25"
I got maybe 7 fish out of that hole.  I decided to leave at 7:30.  All my fish were caught from 13-18' deep over 27-29' of water.

I still wasn't as efficient as I would like, but I'm getting better.  The LED lights I got at Mills for a $1.99 a piece lit up the house well enough for me to see and the hook on them fit on my cross beams just perfectly.  Not having a scissors or pliers with me was a stupid oversight.  Won't happen again.

23 Crappies Total

Tomorrow I think I'm going to check Sullivan first and depending on what I see there may stay or head to Rock.  I think I'm going to take the Power Auger tomorrow as well as the Aqua View and get minnows as well.

No comments: