Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bass Snatcher Le Homme Dieu Chain Preview.

I've never fished the Le Homme Dieu chain, but it's reputation is that of a bass factory with mostly small fish. Also it is suppose to have fairly clear water. Kind of sounds like Sylvia/Twin, which I am obviously comfortable with. Apparently the chain got dumped on big time with rain yesterday morning, but I have no clue what that might mean. It is also suppose to be sunny hot and humid, which isn't my ideal fishing scenario. Hopefully it won't be too miserable and there is suppose to be a breeze, so my Columbia Airgill shirt should be able to work it's magic.

My boater pre-fished two days and says most of his 2nd practice day was a waste. He was confident we would catch fish, but not very confident they would be the right fish to contend for anything. My boater said a 2lb average will probably be what is needed to contend, so any fish 3lbs or more will be huge. I just plan to try and catch as many fish as possible and let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully I can at least breach 10lbs.

Here are my set ups:
Dock/Jig Worm Rod (only spinning combo)
Dipper Rod
JigNplastic Rod
Texas Rig Crawtube Rod
Crawtube Jig exposed hook rod
Topwater/Spinnerbait/Chatterbait/Rattlebait/Crank Rod
Slop Frog Rod
Horny Toad Rod

No comments: