Wednesday, July 13, 2011

B.A.S.S. All Star Vote Winners

Skeet
Kriet
Martens
Ike

I think the big surprise on the list has to be Martens. I didn't think he was that popular. Apparently Ike was the #1 vote getter, which shouldn't be to much of a surprise. I am wondering if Brandon Palaniuk would have won if he was in Maretnes region instead of with Skeet? Actually this article answers that question.

Also from that Bassmaster.com article:
Kriet edged out Brauer by 551 votes, garnering 17.8 percent of Region 2 votes to Brauer’s 17.4 percent.
My working theory here, is that Denny turned enough of us fans off by his behavior towards JVD, that there were just enough of us ticked at Denny to jump on Kriet's horse once we found out that was a close race.

2 comments:

Rod Stamm said...

I think you hit the nail square on the head on both counts. Brandon Palaniuk would have won hands down in Martens Region and many voters switched their votes to Kriet when they saw Brauer had the early lead, me included.

Basspastor said...

I am sure they will do voting again next year. I hope they drop the regions. I think without regions Skeet and Ike both go, but maybe not Kriet or Martens.