Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pre-fishing Ida near Alexandria Today

Today I will be pre-fishing Lake Ida. I've never been on the lake but my boater Joe has been on it a few different times including this past Saturday when he caught some decent fish. Apparently he has also swiped a few way points from his father-in-law who is also in the club. The forecast is for it to be post front (it rained and thundered for most of today) sunny but cool and breezy. Not exactly ideal fishing conditions.

I think Joe leans toward being a shallow water guy and his true specialty is actually Mississippi River smallmouths. Tomorrows wind may limit our search in deeper water and off shore. From my research I've learned that it seems to be considered a fairly good bass lake, but I doesn't look like it's is a hawg factory and anything over a 2lb average should garner a good place of finish.

Minnesota Bass Circuit Big Bass Bonanza just had a 33 boat tournament and it took 21.33 on 8 fish to win and they won by a pound and a half. 4 teams were over 19lbs and 4 teams were over 18lbs. Big Bass was 4.06 out of 263 bass weighed. A good sign is that all the teams but 1 got a limit and the team that didn't get a limit was just 1 fish short.

No comments: