Friday, July 17, 2009

Ida Tournament last minute thoughts

I have been contemplating that I think my partners frog pattern will probably hold up, but maybe not enough for 2 people. As I was contemplating my situation I remembered back a few years when I caught some bass in thick reeds on a jig with a texas rigged tube. The jig is basically a bullet weight attached to an offset hook with a spring plastic keeper. I also have some jigs that don't have the a spring plastic keeper. This is a lure I think could be effective behind my boater. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I talked with my boater tonight and he sounded a little rattled by the weather which has been unseasonably cool and windy for 3 straight days. It very well may be that the fish will not be very active tomorrow. Hopefully Ida is such a good lake that we will catch them in spite of the conditions.

No comments: