Tuesday, February 26, 2008

For FLW Fantasy Fishing I decided to spend the $25 to get this thing called Player's Advantage which gives you a number of special features that are supposed to help pick a roster. One of the special features is video and audio podcasts from the tournament during practice. I like the audio podcast best. The video is not exactly fast loading on my DSL. At first I was getting 6 seconds of video for 26 seconds of loading time so watching the video was taking forever and those long pauses are annoying. I have figured out that I can pause the video and it still loads up, so I can watch longer segments of uninterrupted video.

From the podcasts I have learned that two of my anglers claim to be struggling. What to do? What to do? A big cold front is going to hit the area on Wed. then the temps rebound a bit for Thur and it gets warm Fri-Sun. I think I will drop these two, both of who were Toho favorites according to the Pundits.

The dumbest part of Player's Advantage has to be the "Quick Pics" feature. This is a deal where you set certain parameters and then the computer picks a team for you. I can't imagine buying Player's Advantage and then using this feature.

My Dad decided he wanted a shot at the prizes in FLW Fantasy so he has put together Team Camiuhfish. He gets the benefit of my Players Advantage knowledge. For Toho we have 5 picks in common.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should probably invest in the players advantage also but haven't yet. If anything I could always use it to gather statistical data for general use as well.
I will drop one bomb for you. JT Kenney is a monster in FL. waters. He already won an event in Florida earlier this year. He also used to guide down there as well. I don't know so much about his Toho expertiese, but he understands Florida bass and that's very important when trying to pattern the fish.

Anonymous said...

Better be careful with how you share PA....when you sign up you have to agree not to share your login or reproduce the data. I'll second your comments though, the tools are very helpful.

Here is the agreement in part:

Any information displayed on this web page may not be forwarded, copied, or redistributed in any manner. It is intended for the use of the individual subscriber only. Regular copying or redistribution of this information-in whole or in part-violates U.S. copyright law, and is punishable by statutory damages of up to $150,000 per infringement, plus attorneys' fees (17 U.S.C. 504 et seq.). Without advance permission, illegal copying includes regular copying, photocopying, faxing, excerpting, forwarding electronically, clipping, copying, or downloading information. In addition, the use of your username and password by other individuals violates copyright and other laws and could also result in damages of up to $150,000 per infringement. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this web site will result in the immediate termination of access and forfeiture of the right to any winnings connected with the participation in this contest.

Basspastor said...

I am well within the agreement for PA. My dad doesn't have any need to look at it and doesn't. I am a consultant on his picks. I tell him who I think is good and he picks from among those choices.