Friday, February 22, 2008

Looks like conditions suck, but that could mean conditions are ripe for catching fish.

Yeah! Classic blog with "BasstraK" again this year.

Doesn't look like Bass Zone is going to have the "On the Water Blog" this year. They are keeping the the Bass Zone live chat from the water.

I guess the Women's Bassmaster Tour Championship started yesterday at Lake Keowee in S.C..

The Day 2 leader is Dianna Clark Bumpus Mills, TN Weight: 20-14. Can't say that I've ever heard of her, at least I don't think I have. Today's Big Bass was a pathetic 2lbs2ozs caught by Sheri Glasgow Muskogee, OK. On day 1 Secret York caught her only fish of the tournament but it went 5-8.

Marcia "Reelady" Rubin is sitting in 8th (out of 12) with 11-6.

I am not sure if you are supposed to be a Bass Insider or not to get live streaming, but whatever the reason, I don't get it.

Live Blogging the weigh-in:
Well the Classic weigh in is about to start looks like Skeets up first.
Real-Time Leaderboard.

Skeet comes in with a mediocre 11-5, looks like he's out of it. He did only catch 3 bass so the size is there, but it will take a miracle for him to catch up with projected 20lb bags coming in.

Boyd Duckett will not be a repeat champ: 2 fish for 4-15 (Buzzkill for Bass Pundit 1, but I moved him out for the BPboys)

KVD rocks it with 20-3. And to think I was getting jittery on Van Dam and nearly dumped him. (I would have dumped him most likely for Martens who is supposed to also be having a good day.)

Pre-tourny fav Swindle bombs with 5 fish 9-12.

Horton totally bombs with 1 fish 3-9. I nearly had him on BP 1 traded out for Kennedy then Kennedy for IKE who is supposed to have a big bag.

Ish who was supposed to be "on em" 2 fish for 3-11. Ouch!

I traded Duckett for Chris Lane 2 for 2-10. Looks like I should have kept the original pick of Lintner 5 fish 13-2 in that slot. (Bpboys)

Remitz bombs 2 for 4-6 (This was kind of expected, anyone who kept him on there fantasy line up wasn't paying enough attention. Remitz was the 4th most chosen Classic fisherm with 35% or 5968). I will be interested to see if McClelland bombs as well because I think him and Remitz fish similar styles.

I should mention MN Federation Angler Brent Haimes caught a limit but it was a small 8-7.

Big Show bags 19-3!

IKE only 18-5, the BasstraK had him over 20lbs. Still this is OK, IKE was a last minute fantasy add after I had dropped him once.

Coble comes in with a dissappointing 3 fish for 8-10. This is a double disaster both BPboys and BP1 carried him. I should mention that home town boy Ashley sacked a respectable 18-10 which is a score for both posse teams.

WHAT!!! BASS blogger Charlie Hartley from freakin OHIO bags 21+

MCclelland bombs 1 for 2-4, yep looks like he and Remitz die together.

Bobby was the Lane to take, a respectable 15lb bag. What happened to Chris?

Martens only sacks 12-15 (The BasstraK had him at 15+)

Come on Kennedy!!!
Kennedy 5 for 12-13

Weigh in OVER!!!

Fantasy Review:
And Kennedy closes out my fantasy day.
BPboys: 2 top 5, a middle of the pack and 2 lower half's with one of them being 2nd to last.
BP1: 2 top 10, a middle of the pack and two lower half's.

No comments: