Sunday, November 24, 2019

The Forgotten Frenzy Popper

So I was reading through some old Bass Pundit Blog posts this morning from November 2009 when I came across the one when I talked about the Frenzy Popper being discontinued.  That got me to thinking.  Did I even catch a fish on one this year? 

So I went and checked on Fish Swami to get the answer.  The answer was no I did not.  I was a little shocked by that.  How could it be that I didn't even catch a single fish on a lure I just adore.  I then opened the database query to include all the years down to 2012 when I first started recording my catches with Fish Swami.  I was really shocked by that result.  I figured I had gotten fish every year but  2019 on the Frenzy Popper.   Boy was I wrong.  Here is the result:
 I've only caught 1 fish on the lure in the last 5 years.  Egads!

This proves for a fact that my memory and recall isn't the greatest.  I was totally oblivious to just how neglected the Frenzy Popper has been in my fishing the last few years.  I will have to rectify that situation in 2020.  In fact, I'm going to set a goal of catching at least 25 fish on the Frenzy Popper in 2020.  I caught more than that on the lure in one trip during The Great GOMH Whackfest of 2009.

No comments: