Thursday, November 01, 2018

October Gold Rush

In case you were unaware, the past few years Mile Lacs has been closed to walleye fishing in October. I respected the DNR's wishes on the matter and didn't fish for them even though I wanted too.  This year thanks to the increasing health of the fishery the walleye fishing is open to catch and release fishing from 6AM to 10PM.  I took full advantage of that in October because the bite has been consistent and rather good. I fished the Lake for 17 days over 20 trips and only got skunked twice.  I caught 167 eyes for the month, which has to make it my most successful month of walleye fishing ever.  All of the fish were caught from shore off of Eddy's Jetty.  That's right, no boat needed.  One thing I've learned in fishing is that when you get on a solid bite, run it for all it's worth because there might not be a tomorrow.  I don't know how long the weather will allow things to continue, but I pretty much guarantee my case of gold fever is going to extend into ice season.
   You can read about all my October trips over at the Fishing Log Blog.

No comments: