Saturday, November 10, 2018

How Long Until Safe Ice In The Platte/Sullivan Area

This was the question I asked here at the blog last year on November 2nd.  My guess last year was for safe ice to be available on November 11th.  I was probably wrong by a day or two and didn't take my first ice fishing trip last year until Nov. 30th.  The lakes last year locked up on November 10th.  It wouldn't surprise me if they are locked up by the end of today as well. (I am writing this at 12:30AM).   If that happens I wouldn't be surprised if we have safe fishable ice on Bulldog and Platte Lake on Tuesday the 13th with the way the forecast looks.  May or may not did out the Fish Trap this weekend.  I'd say it's 60/40 against me trying to get out ice fishing next week.  If it does warm up next Wed  & Thurs I am 80/20  about giving the Jetty a chance provided it isn't locked up.

No comments: