Friday, March 23, 2018

Ice and Snow Going Nowhere Fast

GOMH South Side

GOMH North Side


Once the ice melts should be slightly above normal water level
Platte Lake Public Access
I took a trip out to the Grumpy Old Man Hole on the breezy cold evening to see where things are at as far as open water.  It was a little more open than last Friday but not by much.  Two years ago today Platte was open and last year we were getting close.  I would say we are at least 4 weeks away from Platte opening up.  On the first 50 degrees day, I'll probably bring out the long rods.  I think we still may have some snow cover next weekend.  I know I wanted a slow melt, but this has been molasses-like.  No MN lakes open yet.  And no significant warming in the long-term forecast. I'll be able to ice fish in April if I can make myself go and do it.

No comments: