Monday, January 02, 2017

2016 Fishing Goals Achieved (And Not)

Goals Achieved in the Black or Link
Goals Unachieved in the Red
Partially Achieved in Purple 
Commentary in the Blue 

Bass Snatcher Goals:
1.  Get "Wood" in at least one tournament. (1st-3rd Place Finish or Lunker) Nope! 12th Place was my best finish. Ugh!
2. Win my 1st tournament.  Not even close!
3. Get "Lunker" in a tournament. 3.13lbs was as big as I could muster.
4. Get paired with Chuck Fields. (He usually only fishes a couple of tournaments a year so chances of it ever happening are not very good.) Nope, All repeat partners for me this year.
5. Finish in the Top 10 at the end of the year.  (Something I haven't done since 2011) 12th Place.  Finished behind two guys that spotted me a whole tournament worth of points.
6. Catch a limit at every tournament of the year. Didn't get limit in 4 out of 6 of the tournaments that is a personal worst.
It was another tough year for me out of the back of the boat as a Bass Snatcher. 

Technique & Tackle Goals:
1. Catch some fish on a River2Sea Whopper Plopper. 11 Largie, 4 Smallie, 4 Pike
2. Catch fish on my wake baits. 4 Livetarget, 2 H2O X-Press
3.  Throw a football head jig at the GOMH. Too much gunk on bottom by the time bass season opened.
4. Get out in the Trophy. Done!
5. Win something in Fantasy Fishing or Facebook giveaway/contest. Done x 3!
6. Catch fish on a Lucky Craft Gunfish 117 Fished it a few times, don't remember if I had any bites.  Not really that impressed with the bait.

Fish Goals:
Crappie:
1.  Catch a 14" or bigger. (This has been a goal of mine for a long time predating the blog.) Pow!
2. Catch* over 300 this year. Bam!

Dogfish:
1. Win my 3rd Minnesota Bowfin Club Grand Championship
2. Catch a MN State Record fish. (11-4  or 35" x 20")


Pike:
1. Catch* over 150 this year. (I caught 205 last year.) Smashed it with 488 Pike. 
2. Catch a 38" or over.

Bass: 
1. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Largemouth
2. Catch a 21plus inch or 6lb Smallmouth Caught a personal best 20.5"
3. Catch* over 500 bass this year. (I caught only 450 last year.) 788 Bass this year
4. Catch* at least 5 smallies.  (I caught 10 last year) 24 Smallies this year

Blogging:
1. Blog about anytime I reach a goal.
2. Blog the BASS Elite AOY on Mille Lacs Lake. 
I could have done a better job of both of these goals.

Over all I'm very satisfied with the goals I achieved in 2016, minus the fiasco that was my Snatchers season.  I should have my 2017 Goals blogged by February. 

No comments: