From Minnesocold, Bass Fishing Blog Capitol of the World!

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Baxter Bass Snatcher Tournament Season Now Set

Due to the changes made for Mille Lacs this year we had an emergency meeting to get a new date and lake.  We ended up having to change two dates and one lake.  Both tournaments are in June.  Here is our new schedule:


June 4th Birch Lake (Hackensack):  Platte/Sullivan lost out to Birch on the vote.  I'm more OK with that than the 8:00AM start time.  If it's a hot day the 4PM end time really gets to me.  I fished the tournament we had at this lake in October of 2011.  It was memorable tournament to me for a couple of reasons.  My dad had by-pass surgery that week and Bill Ludenia tied me for 6th in Angler of the Year Points; He beat me out of the place on the tie breaker, so I missed out on being in the Club Super Six.  I like the lake and it has smallmouth.  I haven't seen a lot of this lake and we fished it at a totally different time of the year.  It will be interesting to see if that shallow bay on the southern most end is a big player;  I've never been in that bay and don't know if it has rice or what.

Sunday June 19th South Long Lake:  We originally had this tournament scheduled on June 11th.  I like the fact that we are having it on Sunday, so hopefully the access won't be as crowded.

The rest of the schedule is unchanged.

July 16 Fishhook
Aug. 6 Pokegama
Aug. 20 Rabbit
Sept. 24 Whitefish

No comments: