Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In The Mail- Bait Monkey Edition

UPS Man!!!

So I waited and waited for Tackle Warehouse to have a 20% off sale, but the best they were going to give was 10% off on their Tax Rebate/Easter Sale. I know Bass Tackle Depot was at 15% off, but they don't carry any of my must haves so Tackle Warehouse it was. Here is the Bait Monkey's Packing list:
Think Tank Triggerfish Silver Shad
Think Tank Triggerfish Baby Bass (Backordered) I Have wanted the Triggerfish for several years now, but it simply has not been available until this year. I just hope it works right as that seems to be a problem with some of the baits being sold.
Lucky Craft Kelly J Jr. Ghost Baby Bluegill
Lucky Craft Kelly J Jr. Baby Bluegill (Backordered) I didn't realise until the package was on it's way that I was getting the Jr. and not the full size Kelly J. Hopefully the Jr. will cast well. It weighs 5/16th which is the same as a Berkley Frenzy Popper, but the Frenzy Popper doesn't have two propellers to slow it down.
10 Packs Berkley Havoc Lane's Grass Pig in various colors
2 Packs Big Bite Baits Cane Thumper
Gambler EZ Swimmer

Can you tell which style of lure I'm adding to my arsenal this year? It's nice that Bassmaster Magazine has an article on fishing the RI Skinny Dipper this month.

Update "Easy Come Easy Go!": Actually this package arrived yesterday on Tuesday. So when I went out fishing last night I took the Triggerfish with me to play with it. I was able to make it perform all it's tricks. I was just about ready to put it away when I caught some brush on my back cast which caused me to backlash and the line snapped sending the lure quite a ways into the lake. There was a strong wind blowing out into the lake. I quickly rushed up to the car and got an outfit to try and cast to get it, but by the time I got back to the water I couldn't make out where it was with the chop on the water. That Sucks!!! Well as I say: Easy Come Easy Go! At least I ordered 2.

I think I am going to have to re-evaluate my topwater line because I have a number of lures that weigh a 1/2oz or more, which might be a bit to much for 14lb Fireline if the line suddenly stops on a hard cast.

No comments: