Friday, May 28, 2010

Bass Opener Eve

We are just about an hour out from May 29th, which is the day Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass start their statewide open season here in Minnesocold. All my gear is ready to go. I will have 15 rods in the boat with me in the morning.

The Plan: First stop will be the Platte River Outlet(PRO) river mouth. In 3 of the previous 5 years I have been beaten to the PRO river mouth and one of those years I didn't go out in the boat for Bass Opener. Hopefully I will be the first one there and my first throw of the season will be with a purple Berkley Frenzy Popper. I will probably quickly be throwing a spook, Zoom Horny Toad, swim jigs, Zoom Super Fluke, and X-Rap and maybe a hard swimbait as well.

The wind is suppose to be blowing out of the SE so I may go into the Platte River or if that is occupied I will probably run up to the intersection and drift with the wind through the PRO.

That's how I plan to start. Will probably be in by noon. Is supposed to be sunny, windy, and warm.

No comments: