Saturday, May 29, 2010

2010 Bass Opener Part 2

Tonight I didn't get out on the water until after 7:30 and I fished until around 9:15PM so I was out close to an hour and a half. The plan was to drift through a large reed bed and throw swim jigs. Things started out real slow. I started with a blue/pink Monsoor Swim Jig with electric blue 5" Action Plastics Mag Grub, but apparently the fish just didn't want it like they did this morning. I didn't start catching fish until I switched to a wht/chart Monsoor Swim Jig with 5" pearl Action Plastics Mag Grub. My first two fish were pike.

My first bass was this 14"

When I got to the other end of the reed bed I had gotten 3 bass (14",13",14") and 4 pike. I decided to work my way back through the reed bed and I picked up 1 more pike on the swim jig and 2 bass (14.25", 14") on a buzz legless Zoom Horny Toad.

I did miss a few bites but don't know if any of them were big fish.

5 bass
5 Pike
1.5 hours

No comments: