Friday, August 14, 2009

Elite Series Lake Oneida Day 1 (Yesterday)

So this is the last stop of 2009 for the top levels of Professional Bass Tournament Fishing. Who's on my fantasy team anyway?

I know I've got KVD, Skeet, and Herren, but I don't recall my other two.

Anyway Randy Howell who is having a good year was tops on Day 1 with 17-9.

Bobby Lane and Bill Lowen both made the mistake of boxing 6 fish then throwing the extra fish back when they realised the mistake which resulted in a DQ for the day for both of them. It's unclear whether or not if they would have brought 6 back to the weigh in if a DQ would have resulted. Under BASS rules when a fisherman brings back to many the biggest fish gets culled until you reach the tournament limit of 5 and then those fish are weighed. However, the NY limit is 5 bass, so having 6 in possession might put them over the limit if the Marshal doesn't have a fishing licence. I would think a Marshal with a fishing licence would make it a case where the boat could legally hold 10 bass.

Anyway, it's a mistake that should never happen. If you only carry enough culling tags for your limit and then always immediately tag fish that are going in the live well, there is no way to get your numbers in the livewell wrong because to cull you have to take a fish off a tag to put a new fish in the well. Simple/Easy.

2 comments:

BassFishingDem said...

Definitely a good tip for keeping tabs on the livewell. Didn't get a chance to follow the tourney. I'm catching up right now. Even if my team doesn't do hot this time around, I did a lot better this year.

Jon Light said...

Dear Dave:

I was wondering if you would like to do a product review on the White Night Rear Lighting System and post it on your blog?

The White Night is a lighting unit that mounts around the trailer hitch of a pickup or SUV. It provides bright light when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Great for backing boat trailers in the dark.

More product info at www.whitenight.com.

We can provide a sample unit at no cost. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

Jon Light
In Focus Powersports Marketing
(765) 838-3406