From Minnesocold, Bass Fishing Blog Capitol of the World!

Friday, July 14, 2017

Snatchers Tournament on North Long Tomorrow

The Bass Snatchers will be fishing North Long for the 3rd time since I joined the club.  The most recent tournament was in August of 2012 and I missed it due to having back issues.  The time before that was August of 2008, my first year in the club.  I fished that tournament with Chuck Steinbauer, but even with reading my blog of that tournament I can not remember where I single place I caught a fish with any accuracy.

I drew "Checkbook" for my boater for the first time.  This is his 32 year fishing in the club.  He generally struggles, but has a good tournament from time to time and North Long has been pretty good to him over the years.  We got out pre-fishing on Wed's and I caught a small limit, but we spent a good chunk of the day eliminating water.  If I can get a limit and finish somewhere in the low teens I will be happy.  We have 24 people fishing this one, so the potential for a disastrous finish in the 20's is a possibility. Hopefully Checkbook and I will be able to put something together so that doesn't happen to either of us.

Here's the Rods I'm going with:

7'4" Tatula Frog Rod
7'2" Tatula MH Topwater & Wakebait
7'2" Tatula Jig n Craw
7' Avid Heavy Craw Tubes
7' Mojo Chatterbaits
6'8" Avid Topwater
6'6" MH Loomis Swim Jig
6'4" Avid X Fluke/Senko

  

No comments: