From Minnesocold, Bass Fishing Blog Capitol of the World!

Friday, May 13, 2016

Bass Pundit's Outlook For 2016 MN Fishing Opener

2015 Eddy's Jetty
Fishing Opener is here again and it's going to be a cool/cold one.  I am going to be in full ice fishing gear.  I plan on starting at Eddy's Jetty at midnight.  I am optimistic about my chances of catching a walleye or two.  Wind is supposed to be out of the NW so I should be able to throw my baits out quite a ways.   I am going to start by throwing a Rippin Rap.  I also plan to throw Grass Pigs and various jerkbaits.  I will probably bring minnows along but don't plan on fishing them.

How long I stay will depend on the fishing.  I will probably hit the GOMH at 4:30AM. Hopefully temps will stay above freezing, but Weather.com says it's getting down to 28 degrees.  Hopefully I will be able to get some kind of bullhead.  I will probably hit Rock and Bulldog as well.  I am not planning on taking the Slop Slip out this weekend and the Trophy is still in storage.

Depending on how Saturday Morning goes I may try heading to the East side of the Lake for Saturday night.


No comments: